These recipes include different types of meals including vegetable dishes, fish, meat, and different international side dishes. Some are almost low carb sides, while others have a little higher carbohydrate content in a reasonable amount and they are all good for the keto diets.
6 Keto Side Dishes That Taste Incredible
All recipes are enough for four servings.
Korean Seasoned Spinach
While maintaining the theme of Asian food, Korean seasoned spinach is an amazingly deep taste, simple side dish.
In spite of having a few ingredients, it is one of the most popular Korean keto side dishes.
- 1lb Spinach
- 1-tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2-tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1-tsp Sesame Oil
- Boil some water.
- Put the spinach in the water; it should float to the top.
- Allow it in the boiling water for up to 30 seconds and remove it.
- Rinse it to become cold and squeeze thoroughly to drain away all the water.
- Mix the soy sauce, spinach, sesame seeds and sesame oil together in a bowl. Ensure that the spinach is evenly covered by the seasonings.
Keto Creamed Spinach Soup
This soup is unique and has a different flavor. It is very healthy, and spinach is the main ingredient that contains essential nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and iron.
- 2 cups Water
- 2oz Butter (60g)
- 1 Large Diced Onion
- 2oz Cream Cheese (60g)
- 2lbs of Spinach (900g)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1-pint Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients in a pan and boil with the exception of the heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter.
- Turn the heat down to simmer level. Remove from heat after five minutes and puree in a blender or food processor.
- Next, add the pureed mixture back into the pan.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and butter and allow to melt.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a minimized heat until soup is hot and homogeneous.
Lemon and Lime Guacamole
Avocados are an awesome fruit with high healthy fat content, extremely low net carbs and chock full of profitable nutrients. They are the ingredient that makes lime guacamole and lemon a healthy, it is one of great tasting keto side dishes. This dish works very well with white meat or fish.
- 4 Avocados
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1-tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-tsp Salt
- 1-tbsp Lime Juice
- Place the flesh of 4 ripe avocados in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add pepper, salt, lime juice and lemon and stir.
Cauliflower and Zucchini Cheese Bake
This recipe is a bit more time consuming and complicated than the previous recipes. This will, however, be rewarding when you enjoy its delicious taste.
- 2 Medium Zucchini (cut into dice-sized shapes)
- Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 pint Heavy Cream (285ml)
- 4 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1-tsp. Italian Herbs
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (mashed)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1-tsp. Black Pepper
- 1-tsp. Salt
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and place them in a baking dish with the zucchini cubes.
- Blend the egg yolk, heavy cream, garlic, salt, black pepper, Italian herbs, and ¾ of the cheese.
- Pour this sauce over the zucchini and cauliflower.
- Evenly cover the surface with the remaining ¼ of the cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes at a temperature of 200° When the cream becomes thick and the surface turns brown, it will be ready.
Egg-Fried Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is more popular than real rice due to its low carb. This rice has a great taste and is a keto-friendly side dish suitable for curries and also suitable as a side for meat.
This meal can be made tastier with a little modification with eggs. It is similar to ordinary cauliflower rice but has a richer flavor due to the extra ingredients.
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Large Diced Onion
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Tamari Soy Sauce
- Wash all the vegetables and make sure the cauliflower is dried thoroughly.
- Pulse or grate the cauliflower either by hand or in a food processor. The cauliflower should look like rice.
- Next, heat the butter in a pan and add garlic and onions to it.
- Once the garlic and onions begin to soften, add the cauliflower rice to the pan.
- Add the salt and soy sauce and cook until the cauliflower becomes tender but not mushy.
- When the cooking time remains a minute, add the eggs to the pan and stir properly.
- Remove the heat, mix in the sesame oil and serve.
Zoodles are noodles prepared with zucchini instead of wheat. Zucchini is a vegetable which is keto-friendly and it has a low level of carbohydrate. They are very suitable for low carb side, mostly for faux pasta dishes.
- 4 Zucchini
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Pinch of pepper
- Turn the zucchinis into noodles using a spiralizer
- Heat some butter in a pan (olive oil and coconut oil can also serve).
- Once the oil is hot enough, put the zoodles in the pan.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt, and then quickly sauté the zoodles.
- They will be ready after about 2 minutes. Do not allow them to overcook or they will become too wet and soft.